Senior Living in 12143 (Ravena, NY)
- 12143 scores the same as the Ravena, NY average of 72.
- 12143 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12143 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Riverside Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, Capital District Ddos, and Atria Delmar Place.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Sycamore Country Club, Skene Valley Country Club, and Normanside Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Schodack Island State Park and Five Rivers Environmental Education Center).
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Grace United Methodist Church, St Patricks, and Albany Teen Challenge.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,483, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,008, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,656, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.54%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12143 has a sparse population density of 265.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.36%.