Senior Living in 12144 (Rensselaer, NY)
- 12144 scores the same as the Rensselaer, NY average of 75.
- 12144 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12144 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Albany Memorial Hospital, Veterans Affairs Med Center, and St Peter\'s Hospital.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Evergreen Commons, Eddy Senior Living, and Eddy Alzheimer\'s Center at Hawthorne Ridge.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Capital Hills at Albany, Wolferts Roost Country Club, and Colonial Acres Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lafayette Park, Townsend Park, and Washington Park.
- There are 141 churches nearby, including St John\'s Roman Catholic Chr, St Mary\'s of Clinton Heights, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,828, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,974, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,751, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.54%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12144 has an average population density of 1,085.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.96%.