Senior Living in 12148 (Rexford, NY)
- 12148 scores the same as the Rexford, NY average of 88.
- 12148 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12148 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Bellevue Woman\'s Hospital, Ellis Hospital, and Sunnyview Hospital And Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Coburg Village, Pathways Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Brookdale Niskayuna.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 85 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 292 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Mohawk River Country Club, First Nine Course at Edison Club, The, and East Course at Mohawk Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks nearby, including Central Park, Vischer Ferry Nature & Historic Preserve, and Woodlawn Preserve.
- There are 183 churches nearby, including Faith Baptist Church, Trinity Baptist Church, and St Helen\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $110,034, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $104,160, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,922, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.37%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12148 has a sparse population density of 292.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.58%.