Senior Living in 12153 (Sand Lake, NY)
- 12153 scores the same as the Sand Lake, NY average of 80.
- 12153 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12153 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Samaritan Hospital and Seton Health System-st Mary\'s Campus).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Ludder\'s Country Home, Moran Home, and St. Jude Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Troy, The, Brunswick Greens, and Burden Lake Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Cherry Plain State Park, Dyken Pond Environmental Center, and Grafton Lakes State Park.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including St Henrys Church, Church of the Covenant, and Poestenkill Evangelical Luth.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,779, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,055, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,452, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.96%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12153 has a very sparse population density of 45.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.09%.