Senior Living in 12156 (Schodack Landing, NY)
- 12156 scores the same as the Schodack Landing, NY average of 78.
- 12156 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12156 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Riverside Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Capital District Ddos.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 48 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 83 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Sycamore Country Club, Private Course at Evergreen Country Club, and Pheasant Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Schodack Island State Park, Martin Van Buren National Historic Site, and Hudson River Islands.
- There are 79 churches nearby, including Riverview Baptist Church, St Patricks, and Grace United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,628, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,406, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,626, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.81%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12156 has a very sparse population density of 59.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.38%.