Senior Living in 12161 (South Bethlehem, NY)
- 12161 scores the same as the South Bethlehem, NY average of 83.
- 12161 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12161 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Capital District Ddos, NRP National Retirement Partners, and Atria Delmar Place.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Sycamore Country Club, Normanside Country Club, and Skene Valley Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Five Rivers Environmental Education Center and Schodack Island State Park).
- There are 57 churches nearby, including Jerusalem Reformed Church, Jerusalem Reformed Church, and First Reformed Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $143,297, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $116,087, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $55,203, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12161 has a sparse population density of 391.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.