Senior Living in 12165 (Spencertown, NY)
- 12165 scores the same as the Spencertown, NY average of 80.
- 12165 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12165 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Austen Riggs Center).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Louis F Payn Foundation, Whittier Rehab and Skilled Nursing Center, and Woodland Adult Family Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (50% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Meadowgreens Golf Course, Stockbridge Golf Club, and Winding Brook Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Berkshire Botanical Gardens, Monument Mountain Reservation, and Martin Van Buren National Historic Site.
- There are 2 churches nearby (First Congregational Church and Almond Hj Rev).
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,712, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,412, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,486, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.42%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12165 has a very sparse population density of 54.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.