Senior Living in 12166 (Sprakers, NY)
- 12166 scores the same as the Sprakers, NY average of 70.
- 12166 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12166 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Cobleskill Regional Hospital and Bassett Hosp Of Schoharie Cnty).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Palatine Nursing Home, Marchand Manor Home For Adults, and Marchand Manor Home For Adults.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Canajoharie Country Club, Cobleskill Golf & Country Club, and Fox Run Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Full-Tan Sun Club, Hide A Way Camp Sites, and George Landis Arboretum.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Ames-Sprout Brook Methodist, United Methodist Church, and St Johns-St Marks Lutheran Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,076, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,339, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,077, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.31%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12166 has a very sparse population density of 31.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.20%.