Senior Living in 12168 (Stephentown, NY)
- 12168 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the highest of any zip code in Stephentown, NY.
- 12168 scores higher than the Stephentown, NY average of 74.
- 12168 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12168 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Berkshire Medical Center Inc).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Laurel Ridge Senior Residence, Hillcrest Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Rosewood Homestyle Assisted Living.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Skyline Country Club, Country Club of Pittsfield, and Berkshire Hills Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Cherry Plain State Park, Berkshire Community College, and Mount Greylock State Reservation.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including First United Methodist Church, All Souls Catholic Mission, and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,431, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,885, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,712, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.71%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12168 has a very sparse population density of 56.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 89.05%.