Senior Living in 12180 (Troy, NY)
- 12180 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Troy, NY.
- 12180 scores lower than the Troy, NY average of 69.
- 12180 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12180 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Samaritan Hospital, Seton Health System-st Mary\'s Campus, and Albany Memorial Hospital.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehab Center, Fawn Ridge, and James A Eddy Memorial Geriatric Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Troy, The, Brunswick Greens, and Van Schaick Island Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Prospect Park, Peebles Island State Park, and Washington Park.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart School, Our Lady of Victory Church, and Blessed Virgin Mary Ukranian.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,635, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,880, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,293, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.02%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12180 has an average population density of 976.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.48%.