Senior Living in 12182 (Troy, NY)
- 12182 has a SeniorScore® of 66, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Troy, NY.
- 12182 scores lower than the Troy, NY average of 69.
- 12182 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12182 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Samaritan Hospital and Seton Health System-st Mary\'s Campus).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Diamond Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Diamond Ridge, and Troy Adult Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Troy, The, Brunswick Greens, and Van Schaick Island Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Peebles Island State Park, Prospect Park, and Washington Park.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including St Augustine Catholic Church, Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr, and Faith Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,355, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,623, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,445, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.69%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12182 has an average population density of 1,072.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.69%.