Senior Living in 12183 (Troy, NY)
- 12183 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the highest of any zip code in Troy, NY.
- 12183 scores significantly higher than the Troy, NY average of 69.
- 12183 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12183 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Samaritan Hospital, Seton Health System-st Mary\'s Campus, and Albany Memorial Hospital.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Troy Adult Home, Hudson Shores Plaza, and James A Eddy Memorial Geriatric Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 42 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Van Schaick Island Country Club, Mill Road Acres Golf Course, and Brunswick Greens.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Washington Park, Prospect Park, and Peebles Island State Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Catholic Church, Bethel Baptist Church, and Sacred Heart of Mary Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,731, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,327, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,863, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.29%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12183 has a dense population density of 3,507.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.54%.