Senior Living in 12185 (Valley Falls, NY)
- 12185 scores the same as the Valley Falls, NY average of 73.
- 12185 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12185 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Pine Valley Home, Cook Adult Home, and Danforth Adult Care Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Mechanicville Golf Club, Hoosick Falls Country Club, and Windy Hills Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Saratoga National Historical Park and Grafton Lakes State Park).
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Church of the Holy Trinity, Johnsonville United Meth Ch, and Assumption St Paul.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,527, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,656, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,129, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.06%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12185 has a very sparse population density of 83.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.95%.