Senior Living in 12187 (Warnerville, NY)
- 12187 scores the same as the Warnerville, NY average of 69.
- 12187 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12187 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Cobleskill Regional Hospital and Bassett Hosp Of Schoharie Cnty).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Van Allers Adult Home, Marchand Manor Home For Adults, and Marchand Manor Home For Adults.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Cobleskill Golf & Country Club, Stamford Golf Course, and Stamford Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Hide A Way Camp Sites)..
- There are 12 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, St Paul\'s Lutheran Chr, and Cobleskill United Methodist.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.82% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,323, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,795, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,849, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.73%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12187 has a very sparse population density of 30.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.21%.