Senior Living in 12188 (Waterford, NY)
- 12188 scores the same as the Waterford, NY average of 78.
- 12188 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12188 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Samaritan Hospital and Seton Health System-st Mary\'s Campus).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Diamond Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Diamond Ridge, and Millview of Latham.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 50 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 147 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Van Schaick Island Country Club, Blue/White Course at Van Patten Golf Course, and Clifton Knolls Executive Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Peebles Island State Park, Vischer Ferry Nature & Historic Preserve, and Washington Park.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Roman Catholic Chr, Temple Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Church of Crescent.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,942, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,896, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,247, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.26%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12188 has an average population density of 846.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.11%.