Senior Living in 12196 (West Sand Lake, NY)
- 12196 scores the same as the West Sand Lake, NY average of 81.
- 12196 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12196 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Albany Memorial Hospital).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Ludder\'s Country Home, Moran Home, and Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Capital Hills at Albany, Wolferts Roost Country Club, and Burden Lake Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Prospect Park, Lafayette Park, and Saint Agnes Cemetery.
- There are 55 churches nearby, including W Sand Lake United Methodist, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Holy Spirit Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,230, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $91,274, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,121, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.24%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12196 has a sparse population density of 342.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.55%.