Senior Living in 12202 (Albany, NY)
- 12202 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 8th highest of any zip code in Albany, NY.
- 12202 scores lower than the Albany, NY average of 71.
- 12202 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12202 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, Albany Medical Center Hospital, and St Peter\'s Hospital.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Creighton Storey Homes, Capital Senior Living, and Holt House.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Capital Hills at Albany, Colonial Acres Golf Course, and Wolferts Roost Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lafayette Park, Washington Park, and Townsend Park.
- There are 130 churches nearby, including Walls Temple Ame Zion Church, Cathedral-Immaculate Conceptn, and Union Missionary Baptist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $38,564, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $30,254, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,470, which is in the top 79% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.02%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12202 has a dense population density of 4,705.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.30%.