Senior Living in 12203 (Albany, NY)
- 12203 has a SeniorScore® of 73, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Albany, NY.
- 12203 scores higher than the Albany, NY average of 71.
- 12203 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12203 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, Albany Medical Center Hospital, and St Peter\'s Hospital.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria Crossgate, Terrace at Beverwyck, and Eddy Senior Living at Beverwyck.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 38 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 199 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Hiawatha Trails, Red/White Course at Western Turnpike Golf Course, and Pinehaven Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Albany Pine Bush Preserve, Bleecker Stadium, and Washington Park.
- There are 223 churches nearby, including Colonie Christian Life Ctr, Christs Church, and St Margaret Mary\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,755, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,369, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,398, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.46%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12203 has a dense population density of 2,625.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.44%.