Senior Living in 12208 (Albany, NY)
- 12208 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Albany, NY.
- 12208 scores lower than the Albany, NY average of 71.
- 12208 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12208 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, St Peter\'s Hospital, and Albany Medical Center / South Clinical Campus.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Peter\'s Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, De Paul Housing Management, and Eddy Senior Living at Beverwyck.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 115 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Schuyler Meadows Club, Shaker Ridge Country Club, and Colonial Acres Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Washington Park, Bleecker Stadium, and Townsend Park.
- There are 156 churches nearby, including St Teresa-Avila Grammar School, St Catherine of Siena Chr Ofc, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,340, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,826, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,009, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.77%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12208 has a dense population density of 4,932.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.47%.