Senior Living in 12302 (Schenectady, NY)
- 12302 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Schenectady, NY.
- 12302 scores higher than the Schenectady, NY average of 70.
- 12302 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12302 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Conifer Park, Ellis Hospital, and Sunnyview Hospital And Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Baptist Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Glendale Nursing Hom, and Holiday at The Atrium.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 38 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Galway Golf Course, Whispering Pines Golf Club, and Briar Creek Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Hewitt\'s Garden Center Inc, Maalwyck Park, and Collins Park.
- There are 43 churches nearby, including St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church, St Joseph\'s Catholic Church, and Church of the Immaculate Con.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,144, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,782, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,165, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.75%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12302 has an average population density of 651.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.42%.