Senior Living in 12303 (Schenectady, NY)
- 12303 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Schenectady, NY.
- 12303 scores higher than the Schenectady, NY average of 70.
- 12303 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12303 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including St Clare\'s Hosp Of Schenectady, Bellevue Woman\'s Hospital, and Ellis Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Kingsway Arms Nursing Center, The Lawrence Commons, and Capital Living Nursing and Rehabilitation Centres.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 112 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Schenectady Municipal Golf Course, Blue/Green Course at Colonie Golf Course, Town Of, and Stadium Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Fort Hunter, Woodlawn Preserve, and Central Park.
- There are 97 churches nearby, including St Gabriel\'s Roman Catholic, St Madeleine Sophie Church, and St Adalbert Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,001, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,045, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,002, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.92%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12303 has a dense population density of 1,941.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.74%.