Senior Living in 12306 (Schenectady, NY)
- 12306 has a SeniorScore® of 73, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Schenectady, NY.
- 12306 scores higher than the Schenectady, NY average of 70.
- 12306 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12306 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Conifer Park, Ellis Hospital, and Sunnyview Hospital And Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Baptist Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Capital Living Nursing and Rehabilitation Centres, and Holiday at The Atrium.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 82 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Whispering Pines Golf Club, Briar Creek Golf Course, and Hillcrest Golf & Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Plotter Kill Nature Preserve, Great Flats Nature Trail, and Maalwyck Park.
- There are 76 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, Messiah Lutheran Church, and Immaculate Conception Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,249, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,782, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,612, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.79%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12306 has an average population density of 594.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.37%.