Senior Living in 12307 (Schenectady, NY)
- 12307 has a SeniorScore® of 57, which is the 8th highest of any zip code in Schenectady, NY.
- 12307 scores significantly lower than the Schenectady, NY average of 70.
- 12307 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12307 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Ellis Hospital and Sunnyview Hospital And Rehabilitation Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Ellis Residential and Rehabilitation Center, Capital Living Nursing and Rehabilitation Centres, and Heritage Home For Women.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (15% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Blue/Green Course at Colonie Golf Course, Town Of, Schenectady Municipal Golf Course, and Stadium Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Central Park and Collins Park).
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Christ Church Episcopal, Mt Olivet Missionary Baptist, and Afghan Islamic Center.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $38,077, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $28,792, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,845, which is in the top 92% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.82%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12307 has a very dense population density of 10,773.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.05%.