Senior Living in 12406 (Arkville, NY)
- 12406 scores the same as the Arkville, NY average of 65.
- 12406 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12406 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Margaretville Memorial Hospital and Margaretville Mem Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Mountainside Residential Care and Kirkside of Roxbury)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Hannah Country Club, Shephard Hills Golf Course, and Woodstock Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Balsam Lake Mountain Wild Forest, Woodland Valley Campground, and Little Pond Campground.
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $34,664, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $27,679, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,390, which is in the top 84% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.14%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12406 has a very sparse population density of 19.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.94%.