Senior Living in 12428 (Ellenville, NY)
- 12428 scores the same as the Ellenville, NY average of 60.
- 12428 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12428 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Ellenville Regional Hospital and Ellenville Community Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Country Gardens Apartments).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Homowack Hotel Golf Course, Blue/Red Course at Nevele Grand Resort and Country Club, and Glendale Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park, Lippman Park, and Hilltop Farm Campsites.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, Assembly of Christian Churches, and Praise Dominion Family Worship.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,557, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,844, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,420, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.06%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12428 has a sparse population density of 122.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.55%.