Senior Living in 12429 (Esopus, NY)
- 12429 scores the same as the Esopus, NY average of 91.
- 12429 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12429 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr, Vassar Brothers Medical Center, and St Francis Hospital.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Renaissance Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center, Penrose Manor, and Culinarians Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 73 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Dinsmore Golf Course, Mohonk Mountain House Golf Course, and New Paltz Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Shaupeneak Ridge Park, Staatsburgh State Historic Site, and Ogden & Ruth Livingston Mills.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Hyde Park Baptist Church, Hyde Park Methodist Church, and Reach Out Family Worship Ctr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $105,362, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $105,000, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,677, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.08%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12429 has a sparse population density of 133.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.