Senior Living in 12435 (Greenfield Park, NY)
- 12435 scores the same as the Greenfield Park, NY average of 77.
- 12435 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12435 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Ellenville Regional Hospital, Ellenville Community Hospital, and Catskill Regional Medical Center.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Gardens Apartments, John Crawford Senior Citizen Housing, and Sullivan County Adult Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Homowack Hotel Golf Course, Blue/Red Course at Nevele Grand Resort and Country Club, and Lochmor Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park, Hilltop Farm Campsites, and Camp Kaylie.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Assembly of Christian Churches, Praise Dominion Family Worship, and Ellenville Assembly of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,354, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,188, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,724, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.08%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12435 has a very sparse population density of 32.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.00%.