Senior Living in 12436 (Haines Falls, NY)
- 12436 scores the same as the Haines Falls, NY average of 77.
- 12436 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12436 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Saugerties Public Housing Agency, Kaaterskill Care Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility , and The Pines at Catskill Center For Nursing and Rehab.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Colonial Country Club, Onteora Club, and Rip Van Winkle Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Mountain Top Arboretum, North/South Lake Campground, and New York Zipline Adventures LLC.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Smith John C, Reformed Church of Saugerties, and Gates Robert F.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.86% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,035, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,969, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,140, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12436 has a very sparse population density of 27.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.53%.