Senior Living in 12446 (Kerhonkson, NY)
- 12446 scores the same as the Kerhonkson, NY average of 66.
- 12446 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12446 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Ellenville Regional Hospital and Ellenville Community Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Island View, The Mountain View Nursing and Rehab Centre, and Culinarians Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Hudson Valley Resort & Conference Center, Rondout Country Club, and Blue/Red Course at Nevele Grand Resort and Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Lippman Park, Rondout Valley RV Campground, and Minnewaska State Park.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Schnitzler R, St Marks Methodist Church, and Praise Dominion Family Worship.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,317, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,149, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,283, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.76%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12446 has a very sparse population density of 74.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.93%.