Senior Living in 12453 (Malden On Hudson, NY)
- 12453 scores the same as the Malden On Hudson, NY average of 81.
- 12453 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12453 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Saugerties Public Housing Agency, Palatine Manor, and Ten Broeck Commons.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Edgewood Club of Tivoli, Katsbaan Golf Club, and Rip Van Winkle Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Bristol Beach, Saugerties / Woodstock KOA, and Blue Mountain Campground.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Reformed Church of Saugerties, Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue, and King\'s Fire Intl.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,714, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,944, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,938, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12453 has an average population density of 742.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.