Senior Living in 12454 (Maplecrest, NY)
- 12454 scores the same as the Maplecrest, NY average of 73.
- 12454 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12454 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Kaaterskill Care Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility , The Pines at Catskill Center For Nursing and Rehab, and The Eliot at Catskill.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Blackhead Mountain Lodge & Country Club, Colonial Country Club, and Onteora Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Mountain Top Arboretum, New York Zipline Adventures LLC, and North/South Lake Campground.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Cornerstone Baptist Chr-E Drhm and Smith John C).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.86% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,000, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,486, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,884, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12454 has a very sparse population density of 26.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.28%.