Senior Living in 12457 (Mount Tremper, NY)
- 12457 scores the same as the Mount Tremper, NY average of 76.
- 12457 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12457 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Ten Broeck Commons, Northeast Center For Rehabilitation and Brain Injury, and Hudson Valley Senior Residence.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Woodstock Golf Club, Green Acres Golf Course, and Twaalfskill Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Kenneth L. Wilson Campground, Woodland Valley Campground, and Opus 40.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Gates Robert F, Smith John C, and Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,422, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,250, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,137, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.62%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12457 has a very sparse population density of 54.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.69%.