Senior Living in 12459 (New Kingston, NY)
- 12459 scores the same as the New Kingston, NY average of 75.
- 12459 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12459 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Margaretville Memorial Hospital and Margaretville Mem Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Mountainside Residential Care, Kirkside of Roxbury, and Robinson Terrace.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (52% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Hannah Country Club, Shephard Hills Golf Course, and Delhi College Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Advent Christian Church, Price Richard L, and Dykstra Richard A.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,203, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,200, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,507, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12459 has a very sparse population density of 21.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.