Senior Living in 12461 (Olivebridge, NY)
- 12461 scores the same as the Olivebridge, NY average of 71.
- 12461 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 12461 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Island View, Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Hudson Valley Senior Residence.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Rondout Country Club, Hudson Valley Resort & Conference Center, and Stone Dock Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including So-Hi Campgrounds, Kenneth L. Wilson Campground, and Woodland Valley Campground.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Grahamsville United Methodist, Schnitzler R, and St Marks Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,422, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,605, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,944, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.56%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12461 has a very sparse population density of 68.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.20%.