Senior Living in 12463 (Palenville, NY)
- 12463 scores the same as the Palenville, NY average of 71.
- 12463 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 12463 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Saugerties Public Housing Agency, Kaaterskill Care Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility , and The Pines at Catskill Center For Nursing and Rehab.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Rip Van Winkle Country Club, Onteora Club, and Colonial Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including North/South Lake Campground, Blue Mountain Campground, and Mountain Top Arboretum.
- There are 2 churches nearby (First Baptist Church and Reformed Church of Saugerties).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.86% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,488, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,792, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,199, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.12%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12463 has a sparse population density of 137.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.11%.