Senior Living in 12481 (Shokan, NY)
- 12481 scores the same as the Shokan, NY average of 79.
- 12481 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12481 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Kingston Hospital and Benedictine Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Hudson Valley Senior Residence, Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Mountain Valley Manor.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Woodstock Golf Club, Twaalfskill Club, and Green Acres Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Kenneth L. Wilson Campground, So-Hi Campgrounds, and Woodland Valley Campground.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Gates Robert F, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,246, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,212, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,766, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.72%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12481 has a sparse population density of 108.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.84%.