Senior Living in 12483 (Spring Glen, NY)
- 12483 scores the same as the Spring Glen, NY average of 73.
- 12483 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12483 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Ellenville Regional Hospital and Ellenville Community Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Gardens Apartments, Montgomery Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and John Crawford Senior Citizen Housing.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Glendale Golf & Country Club, Walker Valley Golf Club, and Blue/Red Course at Nevele Grand Resort and Country Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Camp Kaylie, Hilltop Farm Campsites, and Pine Bush Bible Camp.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Affirmative Evangelism Fllwshp, Pine Bush United Methodist Chr, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,298, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,167, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $12,289, which is in the top 97% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.30%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12483 has a very sparse population density of 78.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.21%.