Senior Living in 12484 (Stone Ridge, NY)
- 12484 scores the same as the Stone Ridge, NY average of 82.
- 12484 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12484 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Kingston Hospital and Benedictine Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Island View, Culinarians Home, and Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 49 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Rondout Country Club, Stone Dock Golf Club, and Green Acres Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including So-Hi Campgrounds, Rondout Valley RV Campground, and Mohonk Preserve.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including St Peter\'s Catholic Church, Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue, and Ahlstrom Albert.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $101,599, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,780, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,572, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.16%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12484 has a sparse population density of 114.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.94%.