Senior Living in 12489 (Wawarsing, NY)
- 12489 scores the same as the Wawarsing, NY average of 62.
- 12489 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12489 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Ellenville Regional Hospital and Ellenville Community Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Country Gardens Apartments).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (14% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Hudson Valley Resort & Conference Center, Homowack Hotel Golf Course, and Blue/Red Course at Nevele Grand Resort and Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lippman Park, Minnewaska State Park, and Rondout Valley RV Campground.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Schnitzler R, St Marks Methodist Church, and Praise Dominion Family Worship.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,954, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,894, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $11,167, which is in the top 98% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.14%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12489 has a sparse population density of 210.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.46%.