Senior Living in 12507 (Barrytown, NY)
- 12507 scores the same as the Barrytown, NY average of 78.
- 12507 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12507 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Northern Dutchess Hospital, Kingston Hospital, and Benedictine Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Ten Broeck Commons, Northeast Center For Rehabilitation and Brain Injury, and Ferncliff Nursing Home Co.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 57 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Edgewood Club of Tivoli, Red Hook Golf Club, and Thomas Carvel Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Poet\'s Walk Park, Opus 40, and Bristol Beach.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including King\'s Fire Intl, Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has a per capita income of $5,451, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.52%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12507 has a sparse population density of 119.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.