Senior Living in 12516 (Copake, NY)
- 12516 scores the same as the Copake, NY average of 69.
- 12516 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12516 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Kindred Nursing and Rehab Center - Great Barrington, Timberlyn Heights Rehabilitation and Care Center, and Noble Horizons.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Undermountain Golf Course, Copake Country Club, and Columbia Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Taconic State Park, Mount Washington State Forest, and Mount Everett State Reservation.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Copake United Methodist Church, Salisbury Congregational Chr, and All Saints-america Orthodox.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $124,194, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,000, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,915, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.91%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12516 has a sparse population density of 120.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.44%.