Senior Living in 12517 (Copake Falls, NY)
- 12517 scores the same as the Copake Falls, NY average of 74.
- 12517 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12517 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Fairview Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Kindred Nursing and Rehab Center - Great Barrington, Timberlyn Heights Rehabilitation and Care Center, and Fairview Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Undermountain Golf Course, Copake Country Club, and Egremont Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Taconic State Park, Mount Washington State Forest, and Mount Everett State Reservation.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Copake United Methodist Church, Our Lady of the Valley Rectory, and Our Lady of Valley Rectory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,056, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,321, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,942, which is in the top 76% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.55%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12517 has a very sparse population density of 48.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.59%.