Senior Living in 12520 (Cornwall On Hudson, NY)
- 12520 scores the same as the Cornwall On Hudson, NY average of 79.
- 12520 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12520 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Keller Army Community Hospital, Cornwall Hospital, and Craig House Center.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Chestnut Ridge Apartments, New Windsor Country Inn, and Burton Towers.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including West Point Golf Course, Storm King Golf Club, and Garrison Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Storm King State Park, Black Rock Forest, and Downing Park.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Cornwall Presbyterian Church, Cornwall United Methodist Chr, and St John\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $114,886, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,934, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $45,602, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.93%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12520 has an average population density of 786.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.86%.