Senior Living in 12521 (Craryville, NY)
- 12521 scores the same as the Craryville, NY average of 79.
- 12521 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12521 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Columbia Memorial Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Pine Haven Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Pine Haven Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, and Livingston Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Copake Country Club, Columbia Golf & Country Club, and Undermountain Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lake Taghkanic State Park, Brook n Wood Family Campground, and Taconic State Park.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Slater James H and Copake United Methodist Church).
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,014, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,000, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,495, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12521 has a very sparse population density of 50.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.35%.