Senior Living in 12523 (Elizaville, NY)
- 12523 scores the same as the Elizaville, NY average of 75.
- 12523 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12523 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Columbia Memorial Hospital and Northern Dutchess Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Livingston Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Palatine Manor, and Friends Adult Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Thomas Carvel Country Club, Thomas Carvel Country Club, and Red Hook Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Brook n Wood Family Campground, Lake Taghkanic State Park, and Bristol Beach.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, St Christophers Church, and St John\'s Reformed Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,719, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,155, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,507, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.11%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12523 has a very sparse population density of 82.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.90%.