Senior Living in 12524 (Fishkill, NY)
- 12524 scores the same as the Fishkill, NY average of 72.
- 12524 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12524 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Craig House Center).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Wingate at Dutchess, Pine Ridge Adult Care, and Wingate at Beacon.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Fishkill Golf Course, Southern Dutchess Country Club, and Casperkill Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Bowdoin County Park, Clarence Fahnestock Memorial State Park, and Downing Park.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Trinity Episcopal Church, Fishkill Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,855, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,226, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,724, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.29%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12524 has an average population density of 961.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.30%.