Senior Living in 12526 (Germantown, NY)
- 12526 scores the same as the Germantown, NY average of 76.
- 12526 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12526 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Columbia Memorial Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Palatine Manor, Livingston Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Saugerties Public Housing Agency.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 38 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Edgewood Club of Tivoli, Katsbaan Golf Club, and Thomas Carvel Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Bristol Beach, Brook n Wood Family Campground, and Olana State Historic Site.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Reformed Church of Saugerties, United Methodist Church, and St John\'s Reformed Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,466, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,737, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,397, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.58%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12526 has a sparse population density of 115.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.02%.