Senior Living in 12527 (Glenham, NY)
- 12527 scores the same as the Glenham, NY average of 78.
- 12527 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12527 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Craig House Center and St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Wingate at Beacon, Elant at Fishkill, and McClelland Home For Adults.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 43 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Southern Dutchess Country Club, Fishkill Golf Course, and Powelton Club, The.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Downing Park, Bowdoin County Park, and Algonquin Park.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Christ United Methodist Church, St Luke\'s Episcopal Church, and Fishkill Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,961, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $29,716, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,253, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.00%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12527 has an average population density of 942.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.61%.