Senior Living in 12529 (Hillsdale, NY)
- 12529 scores the same as the Hillsdale, NY average of 78.
- 12529 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12529 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Columbia Memorial Hospital and Fairview Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Pine Haven Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Pine Haven Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, and Kindred Nursing and Rehab Center - Great Barrington.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Copake Country Club, Undermountain Golf Course, and Meadowgreens Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Taconic State Park, Mount Everett State Reservation, and Mount Washington State Forest.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Copake United Methodist Church, Slater James H, and Almond Hj Rev.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $126,059, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,145, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $51,681, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.14%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12529 has a very sparse population density of 43.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.90%.