Senior Living in 12531 (Holmes, NY)
- 12531 scores the same as the Holmes, NY average of 76.
- 12531 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12531 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Putnam Hospital Center, Arms Acres, and Putnam Hospital Center.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Putnam Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, The Plaza at Clover Lake, and The Grand Rehabilitation and Nuirsing Pawling.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 73 golf courses nearby, including Dutcher Golf Course, Quaker Hill Country Club, and Sedgewood Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Wonder Lake and California Hill State Multiple Use Area).
- There are 20 churches nearby, including St John\'s Roman Catholic Chr, Christ Church On Quaker Hill, and Drew United Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $118,261, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,000, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,878, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.12%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12531 has a sparse population density of 205.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.35%.